Thursday, February 25, 2010

What Knowledge Have You Connected with Past Knowledge?

There is much information that my biochemistry class has discussed since the beginning of the semester that pertain to, and gather results and background information, from classes that I have previously taken. Some of these classes include, but are not limited to, General Biology 1 & 2, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Genetics. These classes served as an excellent background for this course. Recent covered material in biochemistry had to do with enzymes as inhibitors and activators. I was first introduced to enzymes back in general chemistry during my first year away at school. More general chemistry background was connected to our discussion of water, its properties, and how important it is in biochemistry. Material I am currently discussing in genetics is connected with biochemistry through DNA and proteins. The processes and functions of proteins that genetics covers are discussed in biochemistry as well as amino acid structure and much more.
So far I am interested in what I have learned and I am thankful that I have the background information from previous science classes to encourage and support the new material that is being introduced.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dube!

    I think it is wonderful you are connecting so much. Dr.Doucette explained to us in general microbiology that all science courses are stepping stones for each other. Here it seems to prove the fact. I don't connect it as well but it a little jet lag class to class will do that (lol).
    Genetics, Molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biology. . . See a trend? They are all science courses!!! Amino acids is talked about and related to every single one of those classes some how, in some way. It is just "insane in the membrane".

    ReplyDelete
  2. True.It's great to have a background for the classes we never took before. You're just moving forwad as the things you learn from the past just keep building up.Sometimes it can really stress people out if they're not used to it. I'm glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete